1. Introduce yourself
My name is Sarah Douglas, I’m 23 years old. I am from Toronto and my home club is Ashbridge’s Bay Yacht Club
2. Are you in school? Graduated?
Graduated from the University of Guelph May 2017! Currently sailing full time
3. Do you have any siblings?
I have the best brother in the world! The one and only Greg Douglas
4.What is your race day ritual?
I do the same routine every race day. Starts off with breakfast (always plain greek yogurt, granola and fruit) then morning stretching and activation whilst listening to my favourite music.
5. Where are you training this winter?
All over! Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Mexico!
6. What’s your favourite holiday?
Christmas is by far my favourite holiday! I love being surrounded by family, Christmas music and the smell of a real Christmas tree. Next on the list would be my birthday.
7. What do you do when you’re not training or competing?
Now that I’m out of school, I am attempting to take up photography. I also have a solid Netflix addiction.
8. What’s your most random talent?
I not sure if cooking is a random talent, but I’m quite the cook these days. I love experimenting in the kitchen with health recipes.
9. What is your favourite movie?
12 Hours – The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
10. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
Currently watching Gilmore Girls, but open to new suggestions!
11. Who inspires you to be a better athlete?
All the other athletes competing for Canada inspire me!
12. What’s your song of the moment?
Silence – Marshmello
13. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
If calories didn’t count then definitely a brownie. Brownies and ice cream is my favourite food combination of all time
14. If you were a superhero what powers would you have?
I would love to have teleportation as a power! Blink my eyes and be anywhere I want to be, no more long flights
15. What is one thing you’re glad you tried but would never do again?
Brenda and I once climbed Sugar Loaf Mountain in Rio. Once in a lifetime opportunity, it took 3 hours, some rockclimbing gear and overcoming my fear of heights to make it to the top.
16. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Face your fears, go diving with sharks!
17. As the only human left on Earth, what would you do?
Only human left on Earth, sounds like a depressing life for me.
18. What is something you live by?
Coming from a family who loves planning: Fail to plan, plan to fail.
19. What is your best sailing tip?
Win the start, tack on first shift, and repeat as necessary.